Whether Poultry Should Be Banned for Ever ?
A) WELFARE OF HUMAN POULTRY FARMING STATUS IN INDIA :
Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states are first, second and third in poultry population whereas Assam (71.63%) and West Bengal (46.34%) have maximum growth in poultry population during the year 2012 to 2019.
OBJECTIVES OF GOVT.:
1) Livestock plays an important role in the Indian economy.
2) About 20.5 million people depend upon livestock for their livelihood.
3) Livestock contributed 16% to the income of small farm households as against an average of 14% for all rural households. Livestock provides a livelihood to two-third of the rural community.
4) It also provides employment to about 8.8 % of the population in India.
5) India has vast livestock resources. The livestock sector contributes 4.11% GDP and 25.6% of total Agriculture GDP.